Close Menu
The Sports Jumb
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
Trending

No. 10 Florida’s Frontcourt Excels in Win Over Providence

November 29, 2025

Jason Kelce warns about Joe Burrow’s return: “The Bengals are going to ruin someone’s playoffs”

November 29, 2025

Caitlin Clark celebrates Nelly Korda’s engagement with heartfelt message

November 29, 2025
Facebook YouTube TikTok
The Sports Jumb
Live Now Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
Facebook YouTube TikTok
The Sports Jumb
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
Home»Baseball
Baseball

The Mets don’t seem willing to make a big push for Pete Alonso and may already be looking for his replacement

News RoomBy News RoomNovember 19, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp

The continuity of Pete Alonso with the Mets is a topic that continues to be talked about inside and outside the organization. Last week it was reported that there was a possibility of offering him a good contract to stay with the team. Now, a week later, the version is being floated that they are looking for his replacement, which makes his departure seem imminent.

There are two reasons to think about his departure. On the one hand, he is a free agent. He is open to listening to offers to decide which is the best. On the other hand, as has been reported in some reports, the board considers that he has problems defending at first base, enough reason to discard him next season.

uncertainty is growing. WFAN’s Sal Licata shared that a source close to MLB told him about the contract negotiations with Pete. His informant told him that the Mets are not willing to budge in negotiations with Alonso, which include an amount lower than what other teams interested in him can offer.

According to the source, the maximum offer in New York is around two years plus an option valued at around $30 million per year. In short, it is a proposal that pushes the player to leave the team.

The news of his unlikely continuity must come as a shock to his teammate Juan Soto, who just a few days ago expressed his confidence in playing together next season to fight for the divisional title. The fans will not be happy either, because they have expressed their desire to retain a player who identifies with their badge.

Alonso’s ‘girlfriends’

According to Sal Licata, four teams are keeping an eye on the negotiations between the Mets and Pete: the Los Angeles Angels, Tampa Bay Rays, Cincinnati Reds and Boston Red Sox. They have him on their radar as a reinforcement because of his batting power. They want a hitter like him in their lineup.

Kyle Schwarber, Alonso’s possible replacement

ESPN’s Jeff Passan reports that the Mets are among several teams chasing the left-handed slugger, who could become one of the first major bats to sign this winter. The demand for Schwarber has pushed his expected average annual value above $30 million, which could lead any deal to exceed the $100 million barrier.

The 32-year-old opted for free agency after hitting .240 with 56 home runs until 2025. Many teams have their eye on the slugger, and the Mets have consistently appeared on the list of teams most suitable for him.

Red Sox go for Alonso

With a payroll commitment of around $127.1 million for 2025, they want to get a top-level bat. This freedom in their budget gives them an advantage over the other three teams interested in Pete. The intention to sign him is also an urgency due to Triston Casas’ injury.

As a free agent, Alonso is attractive because he hit 38 home runs, drove in 126 runs and slugged .524 over a full season. Those numbers are very eye-catching when considering free agents.



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Yankees fans react as reliever Nick Burdi heads to the Mets

Is Evelina Garcia backtracking? She deletes a viral post criticizing Juan Soto after being criticized by Mets fans

The Dodgers will not increase their Japanese roster with Murakami or Okamoto: they are going for a Korean

Mets forget about Tatsuya Imai and focus on Framber Valdez

Olivia Dunne teases a possible reality show debut with a TikTok dance

Mets unleash chaos in the market: Nimmo’s trade raises doubts and blocks search for Tucker and Bellinger

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Jason Kelce warns about Joe Burrow’s return: “The Bengals are going to ruin someone’s playoffs”

November 29, 2025

Caitlin Clark celebrates Nelly Korda’s engagement with heartfelt message

November 29, 2025

TCU Tops Wisconsin to Win Rady Children’s Invitational Championship

November 29, 2025

Kevin Stefanski faces new pressure as Shedeur Sanders knows he has support from President Donald Trump

November 29, 2025

Air Force RB Owen Allen Shines in Double-Digit Win vs. Colorado State

November 29, 2025

Latest News

Eagles on alert: Ex-quarterback exposes real impact of AJ Brown’s complaints on Jalen Hurts

November 29, 2025

DeAndre Ayton yields to Anthony Davis ahead of their upcoming matchup

November 29, 2025

Yankees fans react as reliever Nick Burdi heads to the Mets

November 29, 2025

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
2025 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.