Close Menu
The Sports Jumb
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
Trending

Daytona 500: Brad Keselowski Laments Riley Herbst’s ‘Very Stupid’ Move

February 16, 2026

Bill Belichick coaching the Raiders? How the legendary coach turned down the job to give it to Jon Gruden

February 16, 2026

LeBron James remains firm on the decision regarding his future when asked for the umpteenth time over the weekend

February 16, 2026
Facebook YouTube TikTok
The Sports Jumb
Live Now Subscribe
  • Home
  • News
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
Facebook YouTube TikTok
The Sports Jumb
  • Football
  • Basketball
  • Baseball
  • Soccer
  • Boxing
  • Golf
  • Tennis
Home»Baseball
Baseball

Mets’ Francisco Lindor opens up about Bad Bunny’s support for Puerto Rico in WBC

News RoomBy News RoomFebruary 16, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Telegram Copy Link Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email WhatsApp

Francisco Lindor said he was grateful for Bad Bunny’s attempt to help him represent Puerto Rico, but the New York Mets shortstop ultimately had to decline the artist’s offer to cover his insurance – a decision that confirmed his absence from the upcoming World Baseball Classic.

Lindor had been in contention to join Team Puerto Rico before a broken hamate bone ruled him out. The situation grew more complicated because of insurance restrictions tied to a minor right elbow cleanup procedure he underwent following the Mets’ 2025 season.

Although his recovery progressed smoothly, insurers deemed tournament participation too risky, leaving coverage unavailable.

Without insurance protection, neither the Mets nor Lindor could assume liability tied to his $34.1 million salary in case of injury, leading to a late decision Friday to withdraw from the WBC.

Lindor thanked Bad Bunny for the offer

During that process, global music star Bad Bunny – whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio – offered to personally cover Lindor’s insurance costs. The proposal also extended to fellow Puerto Rican infielder Carlos Correa of the Houston Astros.

“There were definitely some conversations for sure. It’s a real thing,” Lindor said.

We appreciate how much he cares for Puerto Rico. He wanted Team Puerto to be as strong as it could be. Obviously, it didn’t work out. Benito, we appreciate him and care for him. He’s always looking out for the island.

Francisco Lindor

Despite the setback, Puerto Rico’s roster will still feature notable MLB talent, including closer Edwin Díaz, pitcher Seth Lugo, and third baseman Nolan Arenado. Lindor, meanwhile, will focus on recovery and his eventual return to the New York Mets, with his timetable uncertain.

Lindor had a stellar year with the Mets

Before his injury, Lindor remained a central piece of New York’s lineup. His 2025 season production included:

160 games played

644 at-bats

117 runs scored

172 hits

86 RBIs

65 walks

131 strikeouts

.267 batting average

Lindor’s absence represents a significant blow for Puerto Rico, though the episode also highlighted the cultural weight behind the tournament. Bad Bunny’s gesture – even without materializing – underscored his commitment to elevating the island’s presence on the global stage.



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Dodgers’ Alex Vesia thanks Blue Jays for support during personal tragedy in 2025 World Series

Paul Skenes and Olivia Dunne take their relationship to the next level and assure us that there are no trust issues in their relationship

Olivia Dunne shares the moment she was sabotaged by her dog Roux

Yoshinobu Yamamoto dismisses Dodgers legend status despite World Series MVP performance

Shohei Ohtani unveils the reason behind still needing an interpreter

Steve Cohen laments the loss of Pete Alonso and believes the Mets could have won with him

Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Bill Belichick coaching the Raiders? How the legendary coach turned down the job to give it to Jon Gruden

February 16, 2026

LeBron James remains firm on the decision regarding his future when asked for the umpteenth time over the weekend

February 16, 2026

Michael Jordan: Tyler Reddick’s Daytona 500 Win ‘Feels Like I Won a Championship’

February 16, 2026

Chloe Kim celebrates Olympic silver with $100K gift from Myles Garrett

February 16, 2026

LeBron and Savannah James share a controversial Valentine’s Day photo: “Is that her middle finger?”

February 16, 2026

Latest News

Kansas State Fires Coach Jerome Tang, Citing ‘Public Comments and Conduct’

February 16, 2026

Lamar Jackson is on vacation but doesn’t forget, sending a strong message to Patrick Mahomes

February 16, 2026

Mac McClung takes a shot at the NBA Slam Dunk Contest with some insane jams

February 16, 2026

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news and updates directly to your inbox.

Facebook X (Twitter) TikTok Instagram YouTube LinkedIn
2026 © Prices.com LLC. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • For Advertisers
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.