Boxing fans have been eager to see a clash between heavyweights Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, and while it seemed that this fight would never happen, it seems that hopes have been revived for it to finally take place.

Although for many years, Frank Warren of Queensberry and Eddie Hearn of Matchroom were ‘rivals’, last year they were able to reach an agreement with DAZN. And now, both spoke about the fight they have always wanted to make.

Both did not hesitate for a moment to answer that it would be the fight between Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, in a question and answer session during the start of Queensberry’s new deal with DAZN on April 1, details Essentialy Sports.

“I mean… the obvious one, AJ-Fury. Who knows what the future holds?” Hearn said, opening the door to possible talks to make it happen.

“Same answer. It’s the fight we all wanted to see. We, the British fans, the boxers wanted it (…) For some reason, it didn’t happen,” Warren replied.

Will Tyson Fury come out of retirement to fight AJ?

And although Tyson Fury announced his retirement last January, Warren is hopeful that he can return and the fight can be arranged.

“But it’s never too late. Who knows if Tyson decides he’s fed up with mowing the lawn, it could happen,” Warren said.

Joshua and Fury came close to facing each other on more than one occasion, but it never materialized. 2021 seemed like the big opportunity for that fight, as Joshua held the WBA, IBF and WBO titles, and Fury was the WBC heavyweight champion.

And although there was a two-fight deal for August in Saudi Arabia, at the last minute, Fury decided to face Deontay Wilder again. Meanwhile, Joshua fought Oleksandr Usyk twice, losing both fights.

And while the announcement of the ‘Gipsy King’s’ retirement seems to have dashed all hope, promoters still hope that he will return to boxing and finally reach an agreement to see these two heavyweights together in the ring.

Read the full article here

Share.
Leave A Reply

Exit mobile version